Type E - Tulip Umbrella
M00FR White (00)
M11FR Yellow (11)
M21FR Beige (21)
M31FR Red (31)
M35FR Bordeaux (35)
M41FR Green (41)
M42FR Dark green (42)
M52FR Dark blue (52)
M81FR Anthracite (81)
M91FR Black (91)
M00A White (00)
M11A Yellow (11)
M21A Beige (21)
M22A Dark beige (22)
M31A Red (31)
M35A Bordeaux (35)
M42A Dark green (42)
M52A Dark blue (52)
M81A Anthracite (81)
M91A Black (91)
Individual ConfigurationHeater Lighting Sound System Solar Panel Printing Wind Sensor
New York - Aman Hotel
The Aman Hotel in New York commissioned three tulip-shaped umbrellas to decorate their roof terrace, designed and constructed to withstand even the strongest winds. Our PTFE membrane, made of coated Teflon, is highly resistant to heat and weather and comes with a lining for optimal protection.
The E-type umbrella is a tulip-shaped model inspired by nature. Its unique design features a rising flower shape, allowing rainwater to be collected and drained between the Plexiglas cover and the umbrella pole. Depending on the anchoring option chosen, water can be drained into the ground, collected in a cistern, or drained above ground in the mobile version. Additionally, the E-type parasol can be equipped with intelligent systems such as a water filtration system.
The tulip parasols can be customized with lighting, odour emission, and membrane imprints, creating an extraordinary atmosphere for any location or event. The umbrella is available in a square shape with sizes of 4x4m, 5x5m, and 6x6m, and in a round shape with diameters of 4m, 5m, and 6m. It can be opened or closed with a removable crank and has an aluminum frame with a plexiglass cover that surrounds the pole, enabling water to drain off. MDT-tex offers various membrane materials, including MDT-tex 260 FR, MDT-tex 480 PVC, and MDT-tex 680 PVC.
The tulip parasol is versatile and can be used in various locations, from small gardens to large public spaces. Its individual design, with LED lighting and printable membrane, makes it the ideal brand ambassador for trade fairs, catering events, and other gatherings. The tulip umbrella can be illuminated in any color to create the desired atmosphere and can also be custom-printed to enhance events, public or private.
Benefits & Features
- Easy opening and closing with a removable crank handle
- All materials used are water and corrosion-resistant, ensuring longevity and durability
- Replaceable parts attached with screws for easy maintenance
- Cover zip for easy replacement
- Maintenance-free gearbox
- Easy installation with the foldable adapter
- Water can be drained below ground level for permanent installations
- Safely handles winds up to 60 km/h (with the proper bases)
- Cover: Fade, light and water-resistant, replaceable, withstands all weather conditions, individual segments screwed to the frame
- Anchor: Various options such as frame base, steel plate, ground tube with integrated water pipes, foldable adapter, steel ground pin, and support plate
- Printing: Digital print, screen print, and dispersion dye print
- Mast: Umbrella spokes are made of rectangular aluminum sections of 40x20x3 mm. The mast is made of a round aluminum section of 80-100x3 mm in diameter. The aluminum telescope has section dimensions of 45x45x3 mm. The top plate and the crown are made with U-profiles out of aluminum to house the struts. All parts are screwed together, and the frame is powder-coated (Polyester powder ca. 80 μ) in white RAL 9010, black RAL 9005, or silver RAL 9006.
- Mechanics: The gearbox and spindle are contained in the center pole and can be operated by a handle or motor.
- Various lighting options
- Transport case
- Protective sleeve with telescopic pole
- Event Platform and MDT Flex-Bar
- Electric motor for opening the umbrella (can also be used for the wind walls)
- Top cover (net or heater)
- Fabrics & Colours:
- MDT-TEX 260, 100% polyester dual-sided acrylic coating). Mass ca. 260 g/m², water column pressure over 700 mm, flame retardant up to B1 - DIN 4102-1, M1, NFPA 701 - Flat and Folded.
- MDT-TEX 300, 100% acrylic fabric. Mass ca. 300 g/m², water column pressure up to 350 mm.