Membrane & Structures
Type EV - Tensilation
M00FR White (00)
M11FR Yellow (11)
M21FR Beige (21)
M31FR Red (31)
M35FR Bordeaux (35)
M41FR Green (41)
M42FR Dark green (42)
M52FR Dark blue (52)
M61FR Silver (61)
M81FR Anthracite (81)
M91FR Black (91)
M21PTFE White-Beige (21)
Designed by MDT and Grimshaw Architects, the Tensilation (Type EV series) canopy represents a major shift in the concept of shelter systems. It offers both the flexibility that comes with modular canopies and the engineering advantages of a unified structure. The system can be used independently for events or annexed to buildings or marquees to deal quickly with changes in crowd size. Square and diamond shaped canopies connect together in a flexible variety of configurations that create an elegant overall impression.
By adding more units to the modular system, the entire structure becomes stronger and increasingly wind resistant. Drainage takes place via a series of central supporting columns and each canopy piece is connected with a watertight capping to produce a robust and weather protective system. The lightweight frame is under 30 kg and can be installed by three people at around 1 sq m per minute. Erection time is considerably reduced compared to marquees and existing canopy systems, making them ideal for events and ceremonies.
The cover consists of a top mesh which protects the system from the ingress of leaves and particles, and a bottom cover which is fixed to the frame with Sterling Steel screws at the ends of the spokes. The cover is replaceable and is resistant of fading, light and water. It is designed to withstand a wide range of all weather conditions and special connectors made from PVDF coated polyester and polycarbonate connect the canopies without gaps, to provide continuous weather protection.
- Tensilation can be used with permanently installed ground anchors which can be mounted either to engineered steel plates or to concrete ballast.
- For mobile events, Tensilation has its own proprietary height adjustable, galvanized steel flooring system that ensures the perfect positioning of canopy units in any configuration.
- A choice of surface finishes is available, from super lightweight sandwich panels to a standard 21 mm plywood.
- Digital print
- Screen print
- Dispersion dye print
The spokes are made out of specially designed aluminium profiles (50x30mm with integrated keder channels) supported by hi-tensile galvanised steel cables, which reduce the system weight considerably. The centre pole has a aluminium profile also with integrated channels for the opening system and electrical conduit. The central hub contains a U profile for the attachment of the spokes. The frame is powder coated (polyester powder ca. 80 μ).
- DB 706 Anthracite Matte (standard)
- White RAL 9010 (optional)
- Black RAL 9005 (optional)
The canopy is opened and closed using a coated polyester rope developed specially for the sailing industry that boasts high UV stability and super low friction coefficient. The rope is secured using an automatically-locking yachting cleat for safety, and the rope can be conveniently tucked away into the mast after installation.
- Opening and closing by hand
- All materials are water and corrosion resistant
- All parts attached by screws can be easily replaced
- Possibility to add lighting and electrical devices
- Safely handles winds up to 85 km/h when placed in an ideal configuration
- Transport bags included as standard
- Various lighting options (Cabling is housed within the central mast)
- Wind walls with different heights
- Mounting brackets for booms, stage lights etc. (canopy masts can be used for event rigging with integrated cable channeling)
- Mobile ground flooring with wind walls that withstand any expected gust speeds or light-weight Tensabarrier system.
100% polyester dual-sided acrylic coating). Mass ca. 260 g/m², water column pressure over 700 mm, flame retardant up to B1 - DIN 4102-1, M1, NFPA 701 - Flat and Folded.
MDT-TEX 470 PTFE
Mass ca. 470 g/m², water column pressure up to 500 mm.